COVid-19 Precautions at Pearl PT...
We value the health and safety of our patients, our staff, and our community. We have implemented the protocols in our office:
- Masks Required- Masks are required for all patients and staff at all times when entering the facility.
- Active Temperature Checks- All staff and patients are required to have their temperature and answer a COVID Questionnaire at the start of their day/ appointment.
- Social Distancing- We encourage physical distancing, when possible. We have limited the number of patients that are allowed in the waiting room.
- Increased Sanitation Procedures- We perform a thorough cleaning and disinfecting between patients and on high touch surfaces. Hand Sanitizer and tissues are available throughout the clinic.
- Telehealth Appointments Available- Available to patients who are concerned about coming into the clinic, have significant risk factors, or would like to alternate in clinic care with telehealth and the case can be treated via telehealth.
READ OUR COVID-19 REINTEGRATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES HERE.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Reminder calls, texts, and/or emails will be sent to you 1 day prior to your scheduled appointment. If you need make changes, please give our office a 24 hour notice prior to your appointment.
- If possible, complete any necessary paperwork prior to your scheduled appointment day. You can find the Patient Forms here.
- When you arrive for your appointment, CALL OUR OFFICE AT 518-563-7777 to let us know that you are in the parking lot. We will inform you if we have the capacity to allow you to wait in the waiting room and follow proper precautions.
- Once inside the clinic, we will perform a temperature check and COVID screening before you are seen by the physical therapist.
- We encourage a one way flow of traffic in the facility. If at all possible, we ask that you take care of your co-payment before your appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, give our office a call at 518-563-7777 or send us your inquiry below.
DID YOU KNOW...
In New York State, you do not need a doctor's referral to come to Pearl Physical Therapy? Clients with health insurance have direct access to Physical Therapy treatment without a referral from their physician – except for those injured in a work related or motor vehicle accident as well as clients with Medicare. where a physician’s referral is required.
Direct access to physical therapists gives patients a faster, affordable and effective entry point into the health care system. Studies show that delays in care result in higher cost, decreased functional outcomes, and frustration to patients seeking physical therapy treatment. Eliminating the referral mandate results in timely, and thus more effective, physical therapists' services.
Physical therapists are educated at the post-baccalaureate level and receive extensive education and clinical training in the examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, and intervention of patient/clients with functional limitations, impairments and disabilities. As of January 1, 2002, all physical therapy programs are required to be accredited at the masters level. Physical therapists are qualified to recognize when a patient presents with signs and symptoms inconsistent or outside the scope and expertise of the physical therapist and when the patient should be referred to a primary care provider.
So, is that shoulder, knee, back still nagging you? Feel free to call Pearl Physical Therapy at 518-563-7777 to schedule an evaluation with one of our many skilled Physical Therapists.